Friday, May 1, 2009

Success Coach


by Don Harkey

Short article today, but I am very excited this week. I have known Randy Mayes for more than 2 years now. I have attended his course, seen him speak, and sent numerous people to him for Executive Coaching, all with rave reviews. I'm not sure why it took me 2 years to pull the trigger, but I finally did, and yesterday, Randy and I had our first coaching session.

Randy is known as the "Success Coach". He comes from a perspective of a successful business owner (he used to own Springfield Janitorial Supply) and also as a disciple of Christ. A couple of years ago, he formally began his coaching business and has quickly become well known in the Springfield area. He has no shortage of success stories. So what is Executive Coaching like with Randy?

Randy helps give focus. It's just that simple. He begins the session with "what do you want to focus on today" and won't let you get away with something that is too broad. Then he gets right to it asking questions and drilling down to get more detailed answers. Everything leads to action and every action must align with the individual. I must say, he has a real talent for it!

In my first session, we focused on my business. We talked about my short term strategy versus my long term strategy. What he does is different from "strategic planning" in that he applies it to your life rather than to your business. Even though we talked about my business, everything was in the perspective of the needs for my life. I left the meeting with specific action items and another appointment for our next coaching session. Oh yeah... I also left the meeting pumped up and very excited!

I give a lot of referrals. I rate my referrals "A", "B", or "C" (I don't give out "D" or "F" referrals!). A "C" referral is someone who makes a good impression, but I don't know much about. A "B" referral is someone either I trust or someone I know well trusts, but I haven't used their service enough. An "A" referral is someone I know will do a great job. Randy is one of my rare "A" referrals! Need some focus in your life? Check him out!

http://www.thesuccesscoachnetwork.com

No comments:

Post a Comment