Friday, May 15, 2009

Penny from Heaven


by Don Harkey

A good friend sent me an email awhile back concerning the reason he was taught to pick up a penny. The reason is a little different from the cumulative monetary impact theory (of which my Dad was a big fan)... this reason was simpler. It's a message from God that we all need to hear from time to time...

IN GOD WE TRUST

As a business owner, I spend a lot of time attempting to predict and manipulate the future, and that is OK. If you don't know where you are trying to go, life has a way of happening to you. As a lyric from a Colin Hays song goes, "The World, it won't wait for you... its got its own things to do!". I think this is very true.

However, often times in my rush for control, I forget that God is truly in control. He gives us things we need rather than things we want. He gives us His purpose over our own and we forget to that the right way to live is truly the right way to live. In other words, if we are doing the right things, we will ultimately be successful.

Does your business plan incorporate God's plan for you (or at least your current view of God's plan for you?).

I found a penny on Wednesday while filling up for gas and then again yesterday during a road trip pit stop. I picked them both up and took the message to heart. When things feel out of control, its probably because they are. Keep learning and planning, but remember that we are in very Good Hands!

No comments:

Post a Comment